Sunday, March 25, 2012

THREE WEEKS OLD

The last three weeks have gone by so fast and yet it also feels like they have lasted a lifetime. If that makes any sense at all...

The doctor came by today with a smile on her face which is always nice to see. She told us that Leila is still a very sick little girl but that she is doing somewhat better. She made the comment that she doesn't feel like she has to come in to check on her every five minutes now and is feeling better about her. They have been able to ween her oxygen down some today. She was pretty active when she was awake which was good to see. She hasn't been her active little self since she got sick over a week ago. She acts like she is starting to feel better which makes Momma feel better too.

She definitely likes her little feet to be tucked in when she sleeps. Tonight she was everywhere. I put my hand in her bed to giver her something to push her feet against and she went right to sleep. I asked the nurse for another blanket so we could get her feet tucked in good and that seemed to do the trick. After her feet were tucked in I sat and held her little precious hand while she slept for about thirty minutes. It was hard to leave that precious little angel because she didn't want to let go.

There's not much to say about little man. He is still doing awesome. They have weened his ventilator back down to the lowest setting so I'm pretty sure they will try him on the CPAP again soon.

They both still have a long way to go so please keep up the prayers. Leila still has possible surgery on her intestines and her heart, they are watching her little head closely, and she is still fighting the infection.

Also pray for Mommy and Daddy this week. It's hard for all of us with Daddy being away...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to come in this morning and see a pretty good update. I told you that you would be holding Leila soon!! I know they still have a long way to go and I'm still praying hard for all of you. Hang in there, I know its going to be tough with Brian away but he will be back soon. Love you all and think about you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful thing to be there and know that they know you are there with them. I myself h have been through this but my baby was not as small as your little ones and not near as sick. I believe that God has things happen for a reason and he give you and your husband this precious little ones because of your your strong belief in him and that everything will be fine.God bless you. Prayers

    ReplyDelete