Sunday, March 11, 2012

DAY 8 - ONE WEEK LATER

One week old twins today. Thank God that they are still with us. Ten days ago I would not have dreamed that I would be here.

The NICU team attempted to put in PICC lines for both babies today. The PICC line is a better IV that stays in place so that the nurses don't have to keep putting IVs in their hands/feet/heads. The PICC line starts in their arms and goes into one of their main arteries near the heart (as I understand it). The nurse tried to get Logan's PICC line in him today but it didn't take. This is probably because he was still on a very low dose of medicine for blood pressure which tends to constrict the veins. They will try a second time tomorrow. Leila's PICC line went in the first time, so that made me feel better. Every shred of good news boosts my spirit. Both babies were still taking the heart murmur medications. Still waiting for God to take care of that one for us.

I got to take Logan's temperature today and Amie got to change his diaper. I think the thermometer was a bit cold to him because he made a bit of a face. Logan's weight was down to 1#11oz and Leila's was up to 1#11oz. They must be twins or something...

Little man getting his temperature taken.

Some friends from college visited us today and we were glad to have some company. Some friends from church also brought us some stuff to help us out while we are here. We are blessed with many awesome friends. We missed church today to be here with our babies. I miss the church family, Sunday school and especially kids church, but we need to be here with our babies. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian & Amie,
    my name is Nadine Kenney, I'm Rex Broadrick's fiance. I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you all, especially your beautiful babies. I know what you are going through, as I have been through this myself, and I want to tell you how amazing I think you both are. Your faith in the LORD is awesome and inspiring. Stay strong, lean on GOD and your family & friends. I am sending lots of prayers, hugs & love. Your sister in Christ, Nadine.

    ReplyDelete