Thursday, March 15, 2012

DAY 12 - LEILA KATE

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with the right hand  of my righteousness.
No changes with Logan today. He has had a few good days now. The doctor said Leila had some problems digesting the milk so they stopped her feeding. He also said that her white blood cell count was up a little which means that there is a possibility of infection. They started her on antibiotics again to try to prevent things getting worse. They also took x-rays this afternoon to look at her GI tract and said it looked better than last night, so hopefully something is working. Doctor said they won't start her feeding again for a few days in order to make sure nothing serious is going on. So now we need three miracles for little Leila:

1) Ventricles in brain heal and there is no long term effects
2) Heart murmur is healed and the valve closes properly and stays closed
3) Whatever is causing her to not digest the milk will be healed. 

I'm surprised that I didn't go into panic mode when the doctor told me she had more trouble last night. His words were encouraging though. I asked the doctor how long he has been working with babies. Turns out that my estimate was right and he has been doing this for 32 years. Combined experience of all the doctors on this team keeping our children alive is probably over 100 years of experience (if I had to take a guess). The doctor indicated that so far, the things we have seen are common with children this premature and are not impossible to overcome. All I can do is trust that the doctors will do their very best and that God will do what the doctors can't, so that Amie and I can take home two healthy, normal babies. Jesus said that if we ask, we will receive. If we seek we will find, and if we knock the door will be opened.

Jesus, I am asking that you heal my baby girl, make her strong and keep her body/mind whole.

They got to sleep on their belly some today. The Nurse gave her a little lump under the blanket to help support her. Leila kept pushing herself off it with her right leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment