Sunday, April 1, 2012

DAY 28 AND 29 - 1 MONTH

One month old today. Well, lets call them negative two months old today since they were born about 3 months early. Everyone who has a baby that is truly one month old and healthy should be thanking God every minute of the day. Don't take things for granted. It truly bothers me to see very pregnant women smoking or drinking alcohol. Some even do drugs while they are pregnant. But not Amie. She did everything right. She didn't even take Excedrin or Tylenol when her back and head were hurting. Now you see my frustration. I empathize with King David:

Psalm 13 (NKJV)
1) How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?
     How long will You hide Your face from me?

2) How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
     Having sorrow in my heart daily?
     How long will my enemy be exalted over me?

3) Consider and hear me, O Lord my God;
     Enlighten my eyes,
     Lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4) Lest my enemy say,
     “I have prevailed against him”;
     Lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
5) But I have trusted in Your mercy;
     My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
6) I will sing to the Lord,     
     Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

We decided that we needed to go to church today. So first thing this morning we went to see Leila and Logan before we made the drive home. The nurse practitioner told us that Leila's belly was starting to look bad again. They took two x-rays this morning and decided to put the suction tube back in her belly through her mouth. We heard later on that she had a bowel movement (yea, you wanted to hear that I'm sure) which is typically good news. Hopefully that means a step in the right direction. 
I got to hold Leila for the first time
Logan made it over 48 hours off the ventilator before he got tired. They put him back on the ventilator early this morning. Yesterday, the nurse put him on his belly to rest. Apparently he was resting so well that the nurse didn't want to bother him when it was diaper change time. So she put his diaper on backwards to keep from moving him too much. I thought it looked funny so we took a picture.
Logan's diaper on backward




One other thing. I know the "Helping Hands" at church have cut my grass. I thank you. Also, I am told that someone I have never met (who lives close to me) has been coming by to cut my grass and even fertilized it some. Whoever you are I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love clean cut yards and it makes my day to hear that there are still Christ loving servants out there who will go out of their way to help someone in need. Thank you. I would love to meet you one day and thank you in person, but if that never happens I pray that Jesus will greatly bless you and reward you here on Earth and in Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. We really enjoyed seeing you two at church Sunday :) I am sure it must have been an emotional day... We continue to pray for your whole family. Thank you so much for these updates on the blog! {{{HUGS}}}
    ~T. Hill~

    ReplyDelete