Tuesday, May 8, 2012

ROAD TO RECOVERY

Finally we have had a few good days. Leila is recovering from her surgeries, coming down off her ventilator and starting to get fed again. The nurse put her isolet on air-mode which means they are trying to get her into a regular crib. Her hair has grown back in from where they shaved it for an IV a couple of weeks ago. She is over 5lbs today and looks like she is feeling much better.

Logan is back to full feedings and has stayed on the cannula for a while now. He graduated to a regular crib and gets to wear clothes now. He's a bit smaller than sister weighing in at an Earth shattering 4.5 lbs. Is that a light at the end of the tunnel I see?

I've missed several posts so there are lots of pictures here.

Logan happy to be held

This picture makes Logan look tiny and my head look huge.

First time wearing his new clothes. It was almost difficult finding something to fit him.

Getting bigger.
I call this the Logan burrito. It is a warm blanket on the outside with a Logan filling inside.

Little man... Big crib
I know karate

Hair like daddy's
What are you putting in my mouth?

Baby fat

Psalm 37:39-40
But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; He is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, And save them, Because they trust in Him.

4 comments:

  1. My heart is rejoicing right now!
    Your sweet family has been in my thoughts and prayers a lot! Happy to see this uplifting post :)
    Such sweet pics... Thank you for sharing your babies with us :)
    ~T Hill~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I hope the worst is over for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a totally awesome update!! I don't want to jinx them but I do believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel! They are just beautiful babies and they have both amazed me with their fighting strength. I am so thankful for both of you and those two precious babies. I pray it won't be long before you are all home.

    Auntie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful news! Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete