Friday, May 25, 2012

IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS

We thought she was clearing her throat getting ready to sing. Looks like she was just coughing a little. Leila's progress has been outstanding lately... until we get the results of her latest head ultrasound.

The neurosurgeon reviewed the scans and said that her ventricles were significantly enlarged. They said they would scan her again on Monday and decide if they were going to proceed with phase 1 of 2 surgeries. Phase 1 surgery will be to place a temporary reservoir in her head so that the nurses and doctors can drain the fluid off her brain when needed. They will do this for some amount of time then re-assess. If her ventricles don't improve then she will need a permanent shunt. This is basically a small pressure relief valve in her head that will drain to her stomach if too much fluid accumulates in her brain.

This is our last chance to see God do something before the doctors take things into their hands. I would rather see a miracle from God and things be healed on Monday so we don't need a temporary reservoir or a permanent shunt. If they still decide to put the reservoir in, there is still a small shred of hope that she won't need the shunt. We cling to the smallest possibilities of hope these days. Church (with a capital C, universal), we ask that you lift Leila up to God.

Let it be known that this blog is not about me, my wife or my two kids. This blog is about Almighty God. With that in mind, I will do as King David and record my prayers to God for the entire world to see. I fully believe that God can heal Leila with a single word (he created the entire universe by speaking). I have zero doubt that God is able. I pray because I have to ask God to show grace and mercy, to be the Great Physician and to choose to heal Leila's problems.

God, you are ALMIGHTY and are the GREAT PHYSICIAN. You can do miracles now just like you did 2012 years ago when you made the blind to see, the lame to walk, the deaf to hear and the dumb to speak. You raised Lazarus from the dead. You died and rose from the grave yourself. The woman with the issue of blood was healed just by touching your clothes. The centurions child was healed just because he sought you out and asked. I am asking now, as clearly as I know how and am able like the centurion 2012 years ago, that you speak the words and heal everything in Leila's head. You are the same yesterday, today and forever. I take that to mean that the mercy that spared Noah and his family is the same mercy that you can show Leila. Please show the world that your grace and mercy still abound and that your healing miracles can be applied to people as unworthy as me and my family. Please forgive us when we are weak in the flesh and doubt your power. Thank you for reminding us of your word. Please let this be your victory and not the doctors' victory. You made Leila's eyes better, please remember her brain. AMEN

I don't want any comments on this post. I don't want anyone to see me. I do want God's response to this prayer to be seen.

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people


Matthew 9:35 Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.


Luke 9:11 But when the multitudes knew it, they followed Him; and He received them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who had need of healing.


Psalm 86:15 But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.


Psalm 86:16 Oh, turn to me, and have mercy on me! Give Your strength to Your servant, And save the son of Your maidservant


Psalm 90:14 Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy, That we may rejoice and be glad all our days!


Psalm 100:5 For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.


Psalm 103:8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy


Psalm 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting On those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children’s children,


Psalm 109:26 Help me, O LORD my God! Oh, save me according to Your mercy


Psalm 130:7 O Israel, hope in the LORD; For with the LORD there is mercy, And with Him is abundant redemption

No comments:

Post a Comment