Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Can you hear me now?

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge HIM and HE shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Sometimes it's really hard to understand why things happen in our lives. We don't have the answers. We don't know what the future holds. The not knowing is hard for me. One thing I do know however is how thankful I am that I still have both my babies. I can still hold my babies and play with them. I can tell them I love them a hundred times a day. We still have struggles ahead but we can deal with that. Some people aren't that fortunate. We don't always know the why but we have to have faith and trust in the ONE who does have the answers.

Please keep those who still have babies fighting in the NICU, whatever situation they are in, in your prayers. There are so many fighting not only prematurity but also rare diseases and such. Seeing their stories every day makes me so thankful that even though we had to go through what we did and even though we still have some fighting to do, I still have my babies to hold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because of the twins prematurity we had to go have their hearing checked again. Apparently, almost everything they had to have done in the NICU can affect their hearing. All I could think of was that cell phone commercial..."Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now?"

I mean, how in the world do you check a baby's hearing? If you're wondering like I was, there are two different ways. I'm not sure how they did it in the NICU because I wasn't there for it but today the audiologist used two different machines. The first was a machine that had ear buds attached to it. She put the ear buds in the baby's ears one at a time to measure how the inner ear reacted to sounds. The second machine looked a lot like the first but measured how the eardrum reacted to the sounds. It was pretty simple but she had to run the tests several times. The babies had to be completely still to get good results. Do you know how hard that task is?!?

Good news. BOTH babies passed their hearing tests with flying colors! Yay babies! Thankfully that's not something we have to worry about.


Leila is continuing to make progress in her therapy. Her therapists seem excited about how fast she is progressing. My girl is rockin' it!

We are thankful for every ounce of progress and every good result!

Thank you for your continued prayers and love.


As always, here's some pics.


Look at that belly!!!

Daddy/ daughter time.

Feeding myself!

Daddy/ son time.

Somehow he got his arm out by himself while I was
getting their food ready...

My big girl in big girl clothes today to go to the doctor.

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear!!! And LOVING the pics! Thanks for sharing with us all...
    ~T~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amie I'm so thankful to hear that the hearing tests brought great results.

    I too am thankful that you have both of your precious babies to love on.

    I'm also thankful for the progress that Leila is making, that is just wonderful.

    Everything about these 2 is just a miracle!

    Love you all!
    Auntie P

    ReplyDelete