Tuesday, July 3, 2012

THINGS I WANT TO TEACH LOGAN

Logan, one day when you are able to read this for yourself, I want you to know that these are the things I want to teach you. Some of these are things that I have learned and some that I am still learning today. I write this for you, but also for me so that I will remember these things years from now. In no particular order:

1) The most important thing: God loves you. He does not sit in Heaven with a big hammer waiting for you to mess up so he can smash and punish you. He loves you so much that He sent his son, Jesus, to pay the penalty for our sins. Jesus rose from the grave and is alive today and loves you very much. The only secret to eternal life is through Jesus.

2) Your mom, dad and grandparents love you very much

3) Your extended family and church family love you very much

4) Music is fun. We use music to praise God and it is very easy to learn to play an instrument for this purpose.

5) In everything you do, do all for the glory of God. Whether it is work, play, music, worship or serving, give 110% so others will see your light.

6) Treat the ladies in your life with respect. Your mom, your sister and one day your wife. All men need help in this department. Try to learn this early.

7) Protect your sister. She has been through more in her first three months of life than most adults will in their entire life. She might need your help one day.

8) Stress is bad. Laughter is good. Try to learn to turn stressful situations into funny situations. I don't know how to do this, but I hope you can learn.

9) Learn to study God's Word. Reading it is good. Studying it like a text book is better.

10) Reading, writing and arithmetic are fun. Calculus is not hard.

11) Don't be afraid of a challenge. The sense of accomplishment from overcoming a challenge is exhilarating.

12) Darth Vader is cool. Not because he is the bad guy but because he becomes the good guy in the end.

13)It is very important to have a big imagination. It will help in so many ways. Plus it is fun.

14) Legos are the pinnacle of childhood toys.

15) Books are awesome. You can learn from them or take an adventure.

16) Prayer is powerful. It helped bring you through the first 3 months of your life.

17) Fishing is fun. I havent fished enough in my life.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will share this with my children! Y'all are PROS already!

    ReplyDelete